Through the support of our volunteers, Neighbourhood Link enhances the provision of its services and provides a professional training ground for clients to develop and hone their employment skills. Volunteers are recruited to work with clients in our programs and initiatives for seniors, youth, newcomers, employment, housing, community and resident engagement.
At Neighbourhood Link Support Services we have a multitude of volunteer placements available, whether you have an hour or two now and then, or want a regularly scheduled position. Volunteers gain valuable experience and personal satisfaction while helping others. If you want to make a difference in your community, meet new people and become a part of a dynamic team, consider investing your time at Neighbourhood Link Support Services.
The work or our team of 100 staff is magnified by the work of over 440 volunteers touching the lives of more than 16,000 people every year.
Here is a sample of where volunteers are needed:
- assisting in community outreach and fundraising events
- visiting seniors
- delivering meals on wheels
- working with children attending after-school Kick Start program or Summer camp
- providing administrative assistance
- providing clients with computer support and tutoring
- providing trade skills for maintenance of the buildings
- providing custodial and general help
- helping newcomers improve their English skills
- acting as an interpreter
How to Volunteer
|Step 1:||Attend a Volunteer Information session. To register call 416.691.7407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Step 2:||Meet with the Neighbourhood Link Volunteer Convenor to discuss a match for your interests.|
|Step 3:||Complete our screening process, which includes a police reference check and, for volunteers aged 14–16, a parental consent form.|
|Step 4:||Complete training for your position, if required.|