Youth Works is a twelve-week pre-employment program for young men and women who are out of school or out of work and are looking for employment. During the first four weeks of the program, clients participate in a variety of workshops such as; job search, life skills, résumé and cover letter writing as well as interview skills. Clients are paid while attending, receive one-on-one support, help in obtaining a two month work placement, WHIMS, CPR and First Aid certifications.
- 18 – 30 years old
- out of school with high school diploma or less
- eligible to work in Canada
- not receiving Employment Insurance (EI)
- available to attend program, Monday to Friday, 10 am – 4 pm.
Session Dates for 2016-2017
- Session 1 Program Start: April 18, 2016
- Session 2 Program Start: June 13, 2016
- Session 3 Program Start: August 8, 2016
- Session 4 Program Start: October 3, 2016
- Session 5 Program Start: November 21, 2016
Interested individuals MUST register and attend a screening session to qualify. Please call 416-691-7407 and ask for Michael or Michelle A.