Youth Job Link
Youth Job Link helps youth, including students, between the ages of 15 to 29 who face barriers to employment benefit from some extra help to plan their careers and transition to the labour market. Youth Job Link services include:
- Career exploration services to support career decision-making and provide job search assistance
- Career management services to improve readiness for employment
- Job search, job readiness and job matching assistance to connect with employment opportunities, including summer jobs
Youth Works is a twelve-week pre-employment program for young men and women who are out of school or out of work and are looking for employment. During the first four weeks of the program, clients participate in a variety of workshops such as; job search, life skills, résumé and cover letter writing as well as interview skills. Clients are paid while attending, receive one-on-one support, help in obtaining a two month work placement, WHIMS, CPR and First Aid certifications.
- 18 – 30 years old
- out of school with high school diploma or less
- eligible to work in Canada
- not receiving Employment Insurance (EI)
- available to attend program, Monday to Friday, 10 am – 4 pm.
Interested individuals MUST register and attend a screening session to qualify. Please call 416-691-7407 and ask for Michael.